Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Today is the Day!

Today is my very first blog. Right now I just finished packing my bags for Bend,OR. Where I will be racing 15-16 Nationals and competing to be national champion against 20+ other girls. This will be my first attempt at nationals and I couldn't be more excited! My dad, my coach (Robin Farina) and I have been planning for this race since the beginning of the year and we are coming down to the very last days of preparation then its, "Go time"!!





We leave Saturday morning at 4am. After stopping once in Phoenix, AZ, we will be arriving in Portland around 12-1 pm. After we get to Portland we a have a 3.5 hour scenic drive through Oregon. We are renting a pick up truck so that there will be plenty of room for all of the luggage and bike cases.




Other than packing my bags, I have been resting, stretching, and rolling out my muscles with my foam roller. I've been reading my summer book for school. It's called "Snow falling on Cedars". I have also unpacked my bags from 1.5 week of racing and training in Johnson City, TN, Greenville, SC, and Salisbury NC. And did a major cleaning in my room.

Tomorrow I am going to spend the day with my mom. We will be going to have lunch and get manicures and pedicures before I leave. Always a tradition before a big race!

The first picture is a race in downtown Salisbury on Friday. I am on the line with my teammate Jackie Blackwell. The course was technical and it was brutally hot out, in the upper 90s.

The second picture was my brothers car with all of my stuff stacked to the very top heading to Greenville, SC. I fit 2 bikes and 3 sets of wheels with my luggage and food all in the back of his car. Crazy!

Look for more posts on my journey to Bend, OR!

No comments:

Post a Comment